Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mommy Did Say They'd Be Home By Midnight...

When they said good-bye, I whimpered.  My head dropped down, and I could feel a lump in my throat.

So many questions:

            Where were they going?
            How long would they be gone?
            Will I be here all by myself?

Oh, sure, I had the run of the house.  Lots of newspaper to read before doing my “business”, as they called it.

They’d left my toys as well: 
            The cat doll with only 2 legs still attached
            My squeaky newspaper, and
            My rawhide bones.

Ruff, Ruff!

            What was that???

Hmmph!  Nothing.

I circled the living room a few times, and then decided, *yawn*, it was probably time for a well deserved nap.

I mean after all, Mommy did say they’d be home by midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, concerns and questions. Oh, and share my blog with your family and friends.