Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

“Are You Going To Eat That?”



It just sat there on the tabletop, nestled comfortably on the lace doily.

It was calling to me, 
                                     “Tooooommmmm! Tooooooooooommmm!”

I shot a quick glance in its direction.  Oh, chocolatey, gooey, fudgy decadence.

I could feel the pounds being added on, one by one.

The cat, too, had seen it, for he leapt up onto the table in a single bound.  His landing, however, let a lot to be desired.

The plate holding this scrumptious delight slowly, ever so slowly, slid and crashed onto the floor.

The cat and I looked at each other.
 “Are you going to eat that?,” he said.
“Probably. You wanna help?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, concerns and questions. Oh, and share my blog with your family and friends.