Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Can It Be Repaired?



I took it to my doctor’s office.  They called my name and I followed the nurse into the exam room.

“Good morning,” he said.

Me:     Hello.
Nurse: How are you?
Me:     Eh, I’m alright.

I fidgeted in my chair.

The nurse took my blood pressure and pulse.

“Normal.”

I smiled.  I was normal!

Nurse:   The doctor will be in shortly, he said as he left the room.

The doctor arrived rather quickly; always a good sign.

Me:     Doctor, do you see this?, I said, holding my hand over my heart. 
It aches.  Down to my bones it aches.
Dr.:     Any place else?
Me:     No, just here.

“Hmm,” he said, scratching his head.

Me:     Can it be repaired?
Dr.:     In time, the pain will lessen and eventually disappear.  How are you feeling now?
Me:     I think I’ll be okay.  I’m normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, concerns and questions. Oh, and share my blog with your family and friends.