Basic, Tertiary Google Search, March 15, 2025 (The
Ides Of March)
karoline leavitt statement to the press regarding the courts
interfering with trump's agenda
That search yielded dozens of articles from various news
organizations and outlets regarding Karoline Leavitt in her official capacity
as the current White House Press Secretary.
She’s the youngest ever White
House Press Secretary at 29 years old.
It
shows. And it’s painful to watch.
 |
I think what I find most annoying with these people, the ones who work for, cherish Trump, is the smug ass smirk on their ugly mugs. |
We still remember the very first Trump Press Secretary, Sean
Spicer, and how he told the press the day after Trump’s Inauguration, January 21, 2017:
“I commit to always
telling you, the members of the press, the truth from behind this podium.”
That last about 5 minutes.
And then his infamous rant about Trump’s crowd size the day before,
wherein he actually shouted at the press: “Biggest
crowd EVER for an inauguration. EVER!”
We quickly found out from the National Parks Service that
no, in fact it was one of the smallest. Chalk it up to Trump’s teeny, tiny delicate
ego.
----------------Just this past week from various news organizations:
From NPR:
As judges block broad actions, White House
says courts causing constitutional crisis
Since
President Trump's return to office last month, federal judges have notably
halted several moves geared at drastically reforming parts of
the federal government
and U.S. immigration policy
through a number of preliminary rulings and injunctions.
At
least one federal judge has said the administration has failed to fully comply
with a temporary restraining order in a case challenging the administration's
attempts to freeze payments for grants and other programs.
Critics
of the administration have pointed to the
various rulings as clear evidence that the president is overstepping his
authority and thrusting the U.S. into a constitutional crisis.
But
the White House is firing back, arguing that the real danger is coming from
judges who have ruled against Trump.
"The
real constitutional crisis is taking place within our judicial branch, where
District Court judges and liberal districts across the country are abusing
their power to unilaterally block President Trump's basic executive
authority," White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt told reporters
during a briefing on Wednesday.
Leavitt
called the orders that federal judges have made against the administration's
agenda a "continuation of the weaponization of justice" against
Trump.
-----------------------------
From NBC:
With mass rehirings ordered and a plea to
the Supreme Court, Trump's court fights scale new heights
Judges this week ordered the government to reinstate
thousands of workers, while the administration turned to the Supreme Court for
help rolling back judicial powers.
The scale of the
Trump administration's legal battles expanded this week, with a federal judge
ordering the government to rehire potentially thousands of probationary workers
and the administration turning to the Supreme Court to combat the large number
of nationwide injunctions slowing its agenda.
The orders by
U.S. District Judges William Alsup and James Bredar on Thursday were among the
largest-scale rulings against the administration to date out of the more than
100 lawsuits it's facing as a result of its efforts to reshape the government.
The orders give at least a temporary reprieve to tens of thousands of fired
workers.
The
administration, meanwhile, has clearly grown frustrated with the repeated
intervention from the courts. It went to the Supreme Court on Wednesday to
challenge three nationwide orders barring President Donald Trump's executive
order on birthright citizenship from being implemented — and asking the court
to "declare that enough is enough" when it comes to such orders.
Here's a look at
the biggest legal developments of the past week.
You're rehired
In a pair of
rulings Thursday, judges in California and Maryland found the administration
acted unlawfully when it directed mass layoffs of an unspecified number of the
federal government's roughly 200,000 probationary workers — workers who were
either recently hired or promoted to new positions. The government has not
released the total number of employees who were laid off, but a coalition of
states that sued over the firings in Maryland estimated it to be roughly 24,000
people.
In the more
wide-ranging of the orders, the Maryland judge, James Bredar, said the government
"must follow certain rules" when it conducts mass layoffs.
"In this
case, the government conducted massive layoffs, but it gave no advanced notice.
It claims it wasn't required to because, it says, it dismissed each one of
these thousands of probationary employees for 'performance' or other
individualized reasons. On the record before the Court, this isn't true,"
Bredar wrote. "They were all just fired. Collectively."
He ordered the
actions removing them be stayed for at least 14 days while he weighs a
longer-term preliminary injunction, and directed the employees be reinstated by
Monday at 1 p.m. ET.
------------------------
From The Associated
Press (AP):
White House says it’s the judges — not Trump
— causing a ‘constitutional crisis’
WASHINGTON (AP) — In the weeks
since Donald Trump returned to office,
Democrats and legal scholars have warned that he’s provoking a constitutional crisis by trying to expand his
power and ignore laws that stand in his way.
On Wednesday, the White House
had a new response to that. It’s not the president who is causing the problem,
said press secretary Karoline Leavitt, it’s the judges who are blocking some of
his agenda by saying it’s illegal.
“We believe these judges are
acting as judicial activists rather than honest arbiters of the law,” Leavitt
told reporters. She insisted that “the real constitutional crisis is taking
place within our judicial branch.”
The denunciation, delivered from
the lectern in the White House briefing room, was the latest example of an
escalating assault on the court system from Trump and his allies. Supporters
have circulated pictures of judges online, made claims about their families and
suggested that the Republican president simply ignore their orders.
Elon
Musk, Trump’s most
powerful adviser, has used his social media platform X to amplify attacks.
“This evil judge must be fired,”
he wrote about a member of the bench who ordered the Trump administration to restore health-related webpages and datasets
scrubbed from government websites, including reports on HIV prevention and
guidance on reproductive health care.
------------------------------
From WHYY Media (in partnership with NPR and PBS)
AP
sues 3 Trump administration officials, citing freedom of speech
AP alleges an unconstitutional effort by the White
House to control speech — in this case refusing to change its style from the
Gulf of Mexico to the “Gulf of America."
The Associated Press sued three
Trump administration officials Friday over access to presidential events,
citing freedom of speech in asking a federal judge to stop the 10-day blocking
of its journalists.
The lawsuit was filed Friday
afternoon in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C.
The AP says its case is about an
unconstitutional effort by the White House to control speech — in this case
refusing to change its style from the Gulf of Mexico to the “Gulf of America,”
as President Donald Trump did last month with an executive order.
“The press and all people in the
United States have the right to choose their own words and not be retaliated
against by the government,” the AP said in its lawsuit, which names White House
Chief of Staff Susan Wiles, Deputy Chief of Staff Taylor Budowich and Press
Secretary Karoline Leavitt.
“We’re going to keep them out
until such time as they agree that it’s the Gulf of America,” Trump said
Tuesday.
This week, about 40 news
organizations signed onto a letter organized by the White House Correspondents
Association, urging the White House to reverse its policy against the AP.
---------------------------
The lower courts, federal and state level, are fighting back against these unconstitutional and illegal actions on the part of Dick-tater, Trump and his loyal minions. It should probably be "dickless-tater" since we know he was a micro-penis and regularly poops himself.
💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
---------------------------
The issue isn't specifically with Leavitt, although she's not doing herself any favors to regularly, repeatedly lying to the media/press. She's doing what Trump and/or his Chief of Staff directs her to do: Lie, downplay, deflect, deny and so on.
It's a small but important step that the courts have stepped in and ordered the Trump Administration to pump the breaks, but then what? We know as of mid-March 2025, they, the administration are simply pushing the boundaries, daring the courts to take further actions. And they're going to continue doing that, until eventually SCOTUS will have to step in and deny some of Trump's moves and actions.
Until then, it's a waiting game. Clutch your pearls.